A co-worker of mine posted above comic on Facebook and it is perfect for this post.
Today the job that I do was outsourced to India, I still have a job I just won't be doing what I am doing now anymore. Someone in a foreign country is going to be doing my job now, because they will do it for less money.
This is the third time in a year that one of the specialty teams in my center has been outsourced to India.
You know what?? I find it utterly disgusting. Here we are in an economic crisis and we are giving our jobs to people in and from other countries because we can pay them less. I know in a business sense it is a really great idea, but what it really comes down to is let us pay the people at the bottom of the barrel less so the people on top can get more.
Yes, I know that isn't what it is all about paying the big wigs top dollar, I know there is a lot more that goes into a business than just who gets paid what. When you think about it that is how it feels.
I work for a call center corporation that is hired by other companies to take calls for them. Our client is a pretty popular cell phone company, our call center is one of their Customer Service centers. The team that I am on is called the Commitment team, I don't take inbound calls I make them. If a customer calls in and has an issue a commitment is set to have someone research the issue and call the customer back to resolve it. That is what I do.
As of January 18th I feel sorry for any customer out there that has a commitment set, they will have someone call them back that is going to try to talk to you on the phone in a headset that sucks with a deep Indian accent. Yeah, I don't see that making to many people happy.
I hate hate hate when I have to call customer service for something and I end up speaking to someone who doesn't understand me and I don't understand them. Most of the time when I do I hang up the phone wondering if they really understood my issue.
I even have that issue when I have to call other departments for issues, because some of our other departments are in India and other countries.
I am so happy I am going back to school in about six and a half weeks, in an industry that won't be outsourced, I am sure they aren't going to send you to India every time you need to go to the doctor's or hospital. But, you never know anything is possible.
What does America even make anymore?? Most of our cars are made in another country and even if they are American made cars, the parts are made in China!! We need to get our butts in gear and start producing stuff that other countries don't make, or we make better or this country is just going to go down the tubes.
Bring American Jobs Back!!!

1 comment:
100% agreed.
Post a Comment