Monday, December 21, 2009

Rambling.

I am such a horrible blogger, sometimes I wonder why I even do it I only have one reader that I know of (Hi Bridgett) alas I still do it, just for me readers are just the icing on the cake :)

Let's see what has happened in the last few weeks.  Dakota was fixed in November, she has healed up good I think it has calmed her down a little tiny itty bit...lol.  She is so different than Denver was at her age, she had torn up every single one of the dog toys and if all of the tennis balls weren't under the couch she would tear them up too. 

She has been good with the Christmas tree...until today.  She was left alone with Denver today for a few hours and chewed up some Christmas balls.  She should have been put in the crate but she was doing good with being left alone.  You live and learn right?? 

She is also taking a bit longer than Denver did with potty training, but I think we may have it down to 1 accident a day so it is getting better.  She is only 6 months old I am so I am hoping for no accidents sometime soon. 

Ok, enough about dogs because I could go on all night. 

My Mommy will be here in less than 2 weeks, January 3rd to be exact (my bff's b-day too) and I am super excited.  Seriously I call her every night when I get home from work and tell her how many days are left till she gets to see her favorite child...lol.  Out of everyone I miss Mommy the most, and I am afraid the years that we have left to spend together are limited.  I can't wait for the day when I can call my Mom and tell her to pack get her affairs in order she is moving down here with me.  I plan on taking care of her the way she has taking care of me. 

Anywho enough mushiness.  She will be here for a week and I really don't have much planned, I think we may take a day trip to Nashville it's only an hour away.

I am also taking her to Lorretta Lynn's home/ranch/museum whatever it is.  If it wasn't for my Mom I would have never even knew who she was, my Mom loved her and loved her movie Coal Miner's Daughter.  I have watched that movie with my Mom many many many times.  That is just going to be a Mommy/daughter day though. 

The rest of the time she is hear we are just going to hang out.

 I can't wait to see her I know when she I know when she leaves it is going to be hard, but the day after she leaves I have Winter Welcome at school for Freshmen and I have to register for my classes, Yikes!!

My husband scolded me tonight because I do what I always do, try to talk myself out of something.  I am soooooooo scared to be going back to school, I didn't do good at all in high school.  I am also having issues with people telling me I shouldn't go to this school I should go to a community college because it is cheaper, or only go part-time. 

I know the differences between an accociates degree and a bachelors degree.  I don't know about other people but I know for myself I don't want to be going to school for the next 10 years of my life and have nothing to show for it.  I have waited long enough I am going to do this now or never.  I am not going to drag my feet and have regrets. 

I know people don't want me to get overwhelmed.  I am a big girl, I will know what is too much to handle.  I am going to try to go full-time this semester, I know it is going to be rough with a full-time job.  Full time is only 4 classes, 12 credit hrs.  If it is too much I will know for the next semester.  I don't plan on working full time the whole time I am in school.  For the first year an a half it is just my core classes and then some nursing pre-reqs.

Ughhhh anywho I am venting, I just wish people would stop telling me what they think is best.  I have thought about all of this, my husband and I are prepared for this.  We are hoping he can find a job after the new year making more than what I am making so I can quit and focus on school 100%. 

Ok I am done this is long enough. 

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I think you need to do what feels right to you.

That is all. LOL

Hope you have a wonderful time with your mom and a wonderful holiday season.

XOX