So today is the day that I have to talk about my 'rents! I am not going to explain their relationship history other than the fact that have been divorced since I was around 8.
We will start of with my Dad, who turned 61 years old in April (it amazes me that my parents are in their sixties). Growing up I was always Daddy's little girl, I looked up to him and always enjoyed the time we spent together just him and I. My Dad re-married four or five years after my parents divorced (the women he married was the woman he was cheating on my Mom with) I DO NOT get along with my Step-mom. Which put a lot of strain on my relationship with my Dad, it was hard having to share him with a woman who wasn't your Mother.
My Dad knows I love him, and I know he loves me too we just have issues expressing it to each other. He is always there if I need him to be, he will do whatever he can to make things right for me. We don't even talk much, I can go a few months without talking to him, and when we do talk it is always so formal. I am trying to change that though, I call more often and give updates on school (I am the first of my siblings to go to school so he is super proud). I don't want anything to happen to him and then I have regrets. My Daddy is my hero, and he has no clue...that has to change :)
Now onto my Mommy!! I love my Mommy. The main reason I hate living 900 miles away from my family is because I miss my Mommy sooooo much! She just turn 60 in July and I got to spend her birthday with her! I can talk to my Mom about anything and everything, she is my best friend! She has never re-married and to tell you the truth I think that the guys she has hated have never been good enough for her.
My plan is when she is able to retire she is going to move down here to Tennessee and I will take care of her. My Mom has done so much for all of her kids, if we need something we know who to go to and most of the time she doesn't say no. Shoot she will help anyone, there was a homeless guy who lived near her work, he had no family and was living in a laundry mat. My Mom used to invite him over on holidays for family dinner and let him shower, when he came over for Christmas she would make sure he had new clothes to open when we opened our presents. I get my compassion from my Mom, if you needed 10 bucks and it was her last 10 bucks she would give it to you.
She is just an amazing woman, and I am proud that she is my Momma!!!
So I could write so much more about my parents there are tons of things I left out. But I am tired and if I don't get this posted in 2 mins it will technically be tomorrow.
Until later
Me!
No comments:
Post a Comment