Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Where does time go???

I haven't been around much because life has just been insane. I will kind of start off from the robbery.

I think it was like 2 days after it happened and a woman that live across the street from us approached my husband when he was walking the dog. She seen the robbery happen but was afraid to say anything about it because she didn't want anything to happen to her ( I can understan). We told the detective but of course they haven't done anything and it is now April. We are just so frustrated that we decided to try to move on.

Since being robbed Joe and I have decided that it is time to look for a house. A few weeks ago we got a really nice check from Joe's workman's comp being increased so we got all of the retro pay. We went out and got new living room furnitre (which we really needed) and then the rest we used to pay off our debts.

Joe and I are now 100% debt free, it really feels great to be that way, even though we weren't that far into debt, it was enough to drag our credit score down. The money we had left over from that we opened a savings account to save for a down payment for a house. Let me tell you if it wasn't for the check we wouldn't have been able to do any of this.

So last week we met with the Morgage Loan Officer at our bank and he basiclly mapped out what we need to do in order to start house hunting. We had already done step one which is cleaning up our debts, but now of course we need to wait to all of that to be reported to the credit agencies which could take about a month.

The Loan Officer said that once it has gone through it will raise our credits scores to what they need to be in order to be approved for a loan. Another thing we need to wait for is, we need to have at least 3 bills that we have had for a year with good payment history (they need to be open accounts). Since we have only live down here in Tenessee for only a year and have only had bills in our name since October we may have to wait until then to fill out the application for a loan.

So it looks like we will be looking for a house sometime in the early fall. I wish it was sooner but we have to do what we can to get approved. With the way the housing market is they are really strict about who they are giving loans to. So keep your fingers crossed.

We have also decided to start trying to get pregnant again, I have been monitoring my sugar levels and have been doing a good job keeping them in good ranges. So yep we are trying to have a baby. I would really like to have my first before I am 30 years old and this October I will be 29. So send your baby dust my way...lol.

Other than that I have been working like crazy dealing with nutty customers. I am always so tired after work that I don't even get on the computer anymore. I spend 8 hrs a day staring at a computer screen the last thing I want to do is come home and stare at another.

Oh yeah I bought the ticket for my neice's trip down here. She will be here for almost a month, just shy of a few days. I can't wait to see her, my sister told me today that she thinks the may be getting her period soon... she is getting so big. I have a picture of her at work from her first Christmas she wasn't even a year old and how she is 11 and becoming a woman. Gosh, where does the time go???

My sister is coming down here to pick her up, I can't wait for that either it will be nice to hang out with my sister and see my nephew.

Well I am going to head to bed. I am off tomorrow and I plan on sleeping in.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Hmmm...I wonder if there are any big checks out there with my name on them? LOL

Congratulations on becoming debt free and I hope you're able to find the house of your dreams!

Good hearing from you.

XOXO